This is a very hard question. Unfortunately, in most cases insurance companies and Medicare won’t cover the price of a medical alert system, despite their proven effectiveness. This is a sad fact, since seniors are often left with a number of unspecific details. Having long-term care insurance maybe qualifies you for a reimbursement, but that’s not certain either. Still, medical alert companies often encourage the elderly to contact their insurance companies for more info.
Alternative Ways to Lower the Cost
Despite the fact that insurance will not cover the whole system, you’ll find plenty of ways to decrease the price. Opting for a longer plan provides a considerable discount on the monthly fee, and companies are known to present special deals, further discounts or coupons around big holidays. Hospitals also recognized the life-saving value of such systems; the Morris Hospital, for example, created the Lifeline Medical Alert Program, where they partnered with the provider to supply the elderly with personal emergency help buttons for a far more affordable price.
Best Medical Alert Systems of 2023
|Editor's Choice 2023|
- Bay Alarm Medical FAQ
- Does Medicare Cover Medical Alert Systems?
- How Do I Install a Medical Alert System?
- How Does a Medical Alert System Work?
- How Does Fall Detection in Medical Alert Systems Work?
- How Much Does a Medical Alert System Cost?
- Is a Medical Alert System Tax Deductible?
- What Is a Medical Alert System?
- Will My Insurance Cover My Medical Alert System?
Get the Best Deals on Medical Alert Systems
Let our experts keep you up to date on the latest trends, news and deals on medical alert systems.